Friday, November 03, 2006

euphemisms

In the course of researching the meaning of that dumb Fergie song for a comment thread over on IBYB[formerly known as L.Tall]'s blog, I came across this blog: The Hater. As far as I can tell, it's devoted to hatin' on pop culture. The original posts are fine, but of particular note are the comments. I don't know if all the threads are this funny, but in a thread discussing, what else, the london bridge, someone titled their comment "my confusing euphemisms bring all the boys to the yard." It doesn't get any better than that, people.

5 comments:

MonkeyMom said...

I'm actually quite comfortable with L.Tall...I just can't seem to figure out how to get Blogger to let me change my display name. Doh!

And hatin' threads like that are totally Fergielicious! :D

towwas said...

Eh, I kinda think "IBYB" has a better ring to it.

MonkeyMom said...

...except that I keep wanting to read "IBYB" as "IBUB"...because the Y is for You which truncates to U and then I get all confused in the brain.

(arguably, this is a natural state :D)

MonkeyMom said...

And oh no!! I just noticed that the list of Peeps now weeds out the dormant folks...and, what's worse, MissS is on the list!!

My sadness runneth over...

Come back, CurlyShirley! We miss you!!

towwas said...

Yeah, that list was just much too long, and some of those people never blog, so I was like, yknow what? I'm gonna do a little separating so I can figure out which ones to click on. Miss S, sadly, is a busy, busy girl who somehow finds other things to do with her free time than write for an audience of, like, three. I know, I don't understand it, either. ;)

I think either "I-B-U-B" or "I-B-why-B" is a fine reading!