Tuesday, October 03, 2006

mold

This morning the allergist was asking about my house, which is one of the things allergists do. And she asked me if it's moldy. And I said, yeah, it kind of is. And she said, "I can smell mold." So apparently I now smell moldy. I think - I hope - allergists must just develop a really good nose for mold. Either that or I smell like death and nobody had ever mentioned it before today. It kind of made me want to strip off all my clothes and boil them.

Fortunately, the skin test said I'm not allergic to mold. Good thing, because I'm apparently bathing in it all day long.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY SHIT I WENT TO AN ALLERGIST THIS MORNING TOO! WE'RE ALLERGIST-GOING BUDDIES NOW!

I'm only allergic to ragweed (but even moreso than the control histamine dot). Apparently my chronic congestion is not, in fact, congestion at all, but acid reflux. Weird. Why have I been taking a year's worth of sinus infection and allergy medicine for acid reflux?

grrrbear said...

I haven't been to an allergist since high school, back when I was getting weekly allergy shots to stave off my nasty allergies to cats and dogs. They are great, afer 5 years of shots I don't need 'em anymore and I can have all the puppies I want.

The bad part is that I seem to have developed seasonal allergies now. Damn big-city particulates...

towwas said...

Man, I wish I could get shots. I may ask about it if things don't improve...five years is a long commitment, though.

J.Bro, we're living parallel lives. Must...buy...more...denim....

Cheryl said...

I WENT TO AN ALLERGIST TOO -
No I didn't, I am just making things up to be like J. Bro. Oh, and you towwas.