Friday, September 15, 2006

nihonjin

I just have to share this very cute e-mail from one of the Japanese women who are coming to visit next week (although it has bad news for J.Bro - I'm sorry!):
I told your mom that we will have to leave here one day earlier, and stay at Narita or Fukuoka airport, as powerful typhoon is to hit Kyusyu and mainland japan from 17th to 18th, the day of our departure.
Because of this schedule change, I cannot go buy the jeans, I am sorry. But if we happen to come across Uniclo at the airport area, we surely will get it for you.
[KaDe] finished packing her suitcase 2 weeks ago. She is like a school girl waiting for the school trip.

Cutest thing ever, right? KaDe is a hilarious whirlwind of excitability. I can totally imagine how excited she must be.

When I lived in Japan, KaDe took me over the day I showed up at choir practice (despite her limited English and my limited Japanese). Mrs. S, who wrote the e-mail, is an interpreter who has a group of housewives who get together every week to eat lunch and practice English - they adopted my mom. They've been talking about coming to visit for years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just checked my list of approved excuses for not picking Japanese jeans up for me, and yup, impending hurricane is on there. I'm still crossing my fingers for an airport Uniqlo though!