Wednesday, December 14, 2005

cough cough

I've just been warming up - we have two performances for kids this morning at the Smithsonian. And let me tell you, it is MUCH too early to be singing F-sharps. It may be too early to be singing E's. Frankly, I'm not sure I've been up long enough to sing above middle C.

Particularly after a late night out dancing Norwegian dances. Last night I learned two things: with a good lead, you can do any dance (ok, I already knew this, but it was reinforced), and the telespringar is the coolest dance ever.

5 comments:

MonkeyMom said...

Hey...wait a second! More fun stories with the pretend boyfriend??? Share, darn you! Share! We must live vicariously through you...

towwas said...

Yeah, some of the local Scandinavian dancers had a party in honor of our visiting friends, so I did a bunch of reinlenders and a polka and a waltz with the tall one. It was way fun. Also danced a telespringar and a ganger with the dude who taught us dancing for the show. I could do the telespringar all night, though, it's *such* a cool dance. It's got a really funky rhythm (I can't count it, but I know one of the steps goes on beat 2.5) and it's all done in place, with twirling and turning and passing and walking and grace and beauty. My "sister" in the show may yet manage to turn me into a Scandinavian dance nerd - I've been resisting, but it's awful fun....

Cheryl said...

you were brilliant! just lovely, and I was there to witness it.

Cheryl said...

oh, and I now want to be a scandinavian dance nerd too! I might be the first Samoan Scandinavian dancer. cool.

towwas said...

(I sang a solo today - that was what Miss Shirley witnessed, not my Scandinavian dancing.)