Tuesday, November 15, 2005

the lion, the witch and the energizer bunny

Here's a quote from a press release that a colleague forwarded to me today:

"This program combines two long-standing holiday traditions: stocking up on batteries and sharing time with family at a classic Christmas movie. The value-added offer will not only ensure that consumers have batteries to fill their toys and gifts but also special gifts to fill their stockings," says Jeff Ziminski, Vice president of Marketing for North America

Yes, Disney and Energizer are joining together to bring you Narnia-themed batteries. BATTERIES. I'm sure it's exactly what C.S. Lewis would have wanted. That said, I'll probably have to buy a set, because they come with souvenir snowglobes. Cute!

2 comments:

Annie said...

"stocking up on batteries" is a time-honored tradition, right up there with midnight mass, listening to Messiah, and a big Christmas dinner.

towwas said...

I know, I love it! I see where they were going with it, that Christmas toys are always "batteries not included," so people are supposed to be sure to buy batteries at Christmas, but I'm not quiiiite sure it raises to the level of going caroling around the neighborhood, say.