Sunday, November 06, 2005

la la la

I had a solo in church this morning - and I rocked it! Yay! I haven't sung a solo in yeeeears - I'd turned them down, because I figured the nerves just weren't worth it, but I thought I'd give this one a try. I think it's easier to sing a solo like this one, with the choir, instead of totally on my own. Partly because there's no way to go out of tune and partly because it's more fun to play off other parts. My last note was a two-measure-long high F. It was high. It was loud. It was way cool.

And, hey, by about halfway through the sermon, I managed to stop shaking.

3 comments:

Annie said...

wow!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

You so totally rock! You have such a beautiful voice and I am glad you are sharing it with the world. High F, daaaaaaamnn.

towwas said...

Aw, thanks, Miss S!

I think it also helped that, at church, most of the people aren't looking at me. They have to turn to the side to watch the choir. And I was holding my music, so I could stare at that and pretend there was no audience.