Friday, September 02, 2005

movie recommendation

Hey, I just thought of something to say that's unrelated to the hurricane. It's a movie recommendation! Escape...into more misery! Okay, no, it's not just misery: it's The Constant Gardener, and it rocks. Ralph Fiennes is totally hot, Bill Nighy is at his slimy best, and it's just beautiful. It's set mostly in Kenya, with wonderful scenery and people scenes. (I posted about going to the press screening a month or so ago.) And deeply upsetting people scenes, too. You won't be sorry.

4 comments:

J.Po said...

Dude! I'm slated to see this very movie in roughly 8 hours!!! YAY!

towwas said...

Awesome! Yay - you have to report back. Oh, and say hi to Our Friend the Whale Watcher from me. I had a great time when she passed through the town where I spent the month of June.

Annie said...

Yay! I saw the movie too! I really enjoyed it. I went with my brother who thought it was overwrought... I guess the film wasn't exactly the picture of subtlety and restraint... but I thought it was fantastic - especially for a summer type blockbuster.

I thought the acting was brilliant!

towwas said...

Oh good! and phooey on your brother. It ROCKED. I have City of God now (same director) from Netflix, but haven't watched it yet.