Wednesday, September 14, 2005

google maps

Holy cow - I just got on google maps and discovered that they have Japan now - down to the level of buildings. This map actually has the apartment house where I lived my second year. (From the 7-11, go north, turn right, turn left at the entrance of the school, and it's the long building on the left labelled "Shimoda Heights.")

And look! Here's the apartment building where my family lived the first year! From the train station (red) walk northeast along the white road. It's the gray apartment building on the left after the empty lot.

3 comments:

grrrbear said...

I don't see any buildings labelled "Shimoda Heights". Maybe that's because they are all labelled in Japanese...

towwas said...

Well...yeah, I guess it is labelled in Japanese. But it's the only one on that block with a label!

Annie said...

The new Google blog-search thing is kind of nifty too! But unfortunately it has no way of weeding out those fake blogs that are all advertising. When are we going to start hating Google the way we hate Microsoft? (when will Google start getting lame and smug?)...