Monday, August 22, 2005

puffy amiyumi

I just got back from a Puffy AmiYumi concert at the 9:30 Club. I used to watch them on TV all the time in Japan, where they're just called "Puffy" - yes, guess who wouldn't let them use the name Puffy in the U.S. What pisses me off most is that the man is now, with his switch to "Diddy," on his FOURTH nickname. Is it his eventual plan to use every nickname that exists so he can sue *everyone* for some kind of infringement thing?

Anyway, Japanese Puffy rocked. And, since apparently they're most famous here for their show on the Cartoon Network and the Teen Titans theme song, there were a bunch of kids in the audience. Which meant no smoking (yay) and the concert started right smack on time at 8 p.m. (yay), which never happens. They really did rock. There was not a ballad in the show. And I decided, forget the haircut, I'm growing this hair to my waist so I'm ready when someone asks me to join their rock band.

Between the songs they read little speeches in English off folded pieces of paper. It was too cute. They're in Boston on Wednesday and Chicago on Saturday, so check them out if you can!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Will you join my rock band?

towwas said...

Absolutely! See, now I'm glad I didn't cut my hair.